Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amazed every day....

As I have told you all many times, Aiden loves music. He loves to listen to all kinds of music and finds a beat to "groove to" in everything from the washing machine noises to the sound of me typing...if there is noise he will find a beat and dance. Since he was just a few months old he has loved to make his own percussion noises, and as he gets older, he is learning to make new kinds of music. Now, I don't think really think he is a musical genius (actually I kinda do, but we won't talk about that now) I just love how happy music makes him. For that reason we buy him every instrument we can. Aiden and I spend about 30 minutes a day sitting in his room playing with his instruments. The most recent purchase was a harmonica (thanks, Grammy). I didn't really think he could play it, but I knew he would enjoy listening to it. So, I play it everyday then I hold it to his lips. A couple days ago I was in my room getting ready for the day when I hear the harmonica being played in Aiden's room. What do you know, he can play it. Just another example of why I am amazed every day by this precious little person.

1 comment:

ENDub said...

You have no idea how happy this post makes me, because for some unknown reason, I have a strange obsession with harmonicas! No joke. Always have. I have 2 of them. I've even tried to find a place to take some lessons. Maybe Aiden and I can take lessons together one day :)