Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom

Amazing! Yes, if I had to describe my Mom in one word that would be it...amazing! I believe that most of you who read my blog are blessed enough to know my mom. She is a strong woman, a compassionate human being, and an unwavering friend. She is truly loved and admired by so many people. She has touched many lives as a woman and friend, but there are only three of us who are lucky enough to truly know her as a mom. Only three of us that have felt her overpowering love and protection from the day we were conceived. Even now as a grown woman (taller than her) she is still able to wrap her arms around me and hold me completely...there is no other feeling like it. Since becoming a mom myself, my admiration for her and my understanding of her has grown so much. I now understand why she took the job so seriously and said "I am a mom" with such pride. I believe I am also just now starting to truly understand the strength inside her...the strength I hope I have. I am a very lucky woman to have her as a friend, and an even luckier daughter to have her as my Mom.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom...you truly are my hero!

No comments: