Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Mother's Day Weekend EVER!!!

This was the best Mother's Day weekend EVER!!! Yes, that is right, Cam and the kids turned it in to a whole weekend. Friday night Cam took me out to a wonderful dinner in NW PTown and surprised me with a little blue box (he is the best husband) We had a delicious dinner and enjoyed some adult time knowing that Aiden was in the best hands (Grammy and Poppy's). Saturday after Emma's soccer game (which she scored 6 goals in) she told me that she had a very special day planned for us. Emma took me out to lunch and then we went and had pedicures...she paid for everything!!! Cam said it was all her idea. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness and on top of that we had a great time together...I love that little girl!!! When we got home from our girls day Cam and Katie were there and the house was clean....impressive!!! Can it get any better....oh yeah, it did! Cam and I had some really important news to share with the girls so we sat them down and let them know that THEY ARE GOING TO BE BIG SISTERS, AGAIN!!! Yes, that is right, I AM PREGNANT (I will go in to the details later, but let me just say that we are overjoyed)!!! We wanted to tell the girls first and we had a plan to tell Grammy and Poppy at brunch on Mother's Day. The girls were very excited and Katie was so excited that she shed a few tears, she just loves her siblings so much! For Sunday morning we made Grammy a "brag bag" (see pictures below) and put pictures of the kids in it. The center picture is of our pregnancy test...it took her a while, but once she caught on there were tears and hugs all around (again, we are all so very happy about the little sprout growing inside me)! After we left brunch we went home for a great Mother's Day nap, then we all headed to the lilac gardens. We picked up the girls and finished the weekend with a family dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant! Now do you see why this was the Best Mother's Day Weekend EVER!!!


Emma and I dressed up for our girls day
The kids after they heard the news
Cam and I let Aiden suck on our gum sometimes...mostly he enjoys the game of getting it and stretching it out between us






This is Aiden's AWESOME hair on Mother's Day morning
To quote Cam, "it is dreadlock material"

Aiden all dressed up for brunch...no his hair didn't stay like that, it is still a little wet in the photo!
After brunch Poppy walked Aiden out to see the golf course...I am sure Poppy was flashing forward a few years when he can get Aiden out there with him :)

This is Grammy's Mother's Day present and our way of letting her know she is getting another sugar baby to love!!!Nothing like being in a nap sandwich
Lilac Gardens



My boys



2 comments:

ENDub said...

Holy smokes! Congrats!!! I have to say that I honestly have wondered a few times lately. I just had a feeling. I am SO happy for you guys :) We love your ever expanding family!

Molly said...

Congratulations, Emily!! Sounds like we are going to have second babies very close in age - so fun!! I hope you're feeling well!
- Molly