Saturday, August 4, 2007

A look back over the last 6 months

As I sit here at 12:47am on August 4th I realize that in 1 hour it will have been 6 months since we welcomed our little prince into the world. It was also at that time that my heart was full for the very first time. Even though everyone warned me I still can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I was glancing back over all our pictures and as I looked at each one of them the phrase that kept popping in my head was "God, I love him". I love every snuggle, kiss, giggle, nibble, yell, nose scrunch, belly laugh, and every bath time, munchie time, cuddle time, story time, playtime, and every night night time...I love every minute of being his mommy and I am so thankful everyday that he picked me for the job :) I say that while knowing he didn't just pick me...he picked our family. As I knew he would be, Cam is THE BEST daddy. I love watching Cameron with his son, he is so gentle, patient and loving yet at the same time I know it won't be long until the 2 of them are CRAZY together. They already talk about fishing trips, camping trips, watching football and of course soccer. Cam has already started forming a team with Ethan, Cade, Harrison, and Austin. I am also so happy that Aiden has 2 amazing big sisters to love and guide him. My favorite Emma saying to Aiden is, "oh baby brother, your smile is like a daisy in a patch...I don't think a little brother has ever been more loved and I know that there is not a grandson on this earth that gets more love than our boy. I don't think a day has gone by that Grammy and Poppy haven't at least stopped by to give their sugar boy a squeeze. Add in Aunties, Uncles, and cousins and you have one lucky little boy (although I really feel like the lucky one). I know his life will always be filled with love, acceptance, support, respect and happiness...my cup runneth over.

February 2007




March 2007
April 2007


May 2007


June 2007


July 2007

August 2007






3 comments:

Ginny said...

Emily, what great pictures and lovely words. You are a terrific Mommy and it shows! You and your family are all blessed to have each other, this is what life is all about! Thanks for sharing! We love you!

yacoltfitz said...

so many words not enough time to type them. A few come to mind, blessed, love, cute, fun, happy, content, - could it get any better for you all? we love you! unc P and aunt B and keep the pictures coming we love them!

Judy Martin said...

Emily, you do have your dad's gift for words...what a lovely summary of Aiden's life. Of course, you have your mom's "motherly" spirit, as she has always loved you kids so much.
Love, Judy